Forward-Thinking. Bold. Committed.

Legal Guardianship

When you think about a York legal guardianship attorney, you probably think about guardianship of children or minors.

A York legal guardianship lawyer can help with guardianship cases involving adults, as well. You may be surprised to learn that your family member could be eligible to receive a guardian or conservator to protect their interests and estate.

This process requires assistance to navigate successfully, and FrancePaskeySwope can help. A family legal guardianship attorney in York, Pennsylvania, can be a significant asset in your quest for guardianship over your adult family member. Let us educate and inform you to make the best decisions for yourself and your relative.

How A York Legal Guardianship Attorney Can Help In Your Case

First, let us discuss the definition of a “guardian.” This person is generally appointed by the courts to make health care and financial decisions for an individual who is physically or mentally incapacitated. Examples of such adults may include those who are:

  • In a coma
  • Suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s
  • Developmentally disabled
  • Recovering from a brain injury

The person overseen by the guardian is known as a ward. A York legal guardianship lawyer can help you determine whether your loved one may be eligible for guardianship protections.

A legal guardianship lawyer in York, Pennsylvania, can also help you navigate the legal system to protect your loved one and abide by their wishes. Many questions can arise during guardianship proceedings. For instance, if your relative created a durable power of attorney before becoming incapacitated, is the party named in that document automatically named as the guardian?

Every case is a little different, and durable powers of attorney differ dramatically from guardianship. If you are considering assuming responsibility for a relative, it is time to contact a York legal guardianship attorney at FrancePaskeySwope for help. We have the answers to your legal questions. Call us at 717-931-5994 or use our online form.