Forward-Thinking. Bold. Committed.

Advocating For Or Against Alimony In Your Pennsylvania Divorce

Did you know that York alimony attorneys can provide you with legal help years after a divorce? If you find yourself paying alimony to an ex-spouse who is now cohabiting with a new romantic partner, it is time to contact the York alimony lawyers at FrancePaskeySwope.

Many of our clients are surprised to learn that changes in their ex-spouse’s financial situation can lead to modifications in an alimony agreement. Get the most for your money with the help of alimony attorneys in York, Pennsylvania.

Using York Alimony Attorneys To Evaluate Your Spousal Support

First, you should know that multiple types of alimony exist throughout the nation. Your York alimony lawyers can help you determine which type of spousal support you are currently paying. Options for alimony include:

  • Temporary alimony, designed to be paid only while the divorce is pending
  • Short-term alimony, which only lasts for a few years
  • Rehabilitative support, providing financial resources for a specific goal such as achieving a college degree
  • Long-term alimony, which has largely fallen out of favor with family courts

Ex-spouses who pay alimony may need the assistance from alimony lawyers in York, Pennsylvania, if the alimony recipient begins cohabiting with a new partner. In many instances, ex-spouses delay marrying their new significant other so they can continue receiving alimony payments. However, alimony can terminate before remarriage occurs, if the other party determines that the recipient’s financial situation has substantially changed.

You may be eligible for an alimony recalculation or dismissal if you discover that your ex is living with someone new. Wouldn’t you rather save that money for your own family? At FrancePaskeySwope, our York alimony attorneys can help you determine whether legal action against your ex-spouse is likely to be successful. We offer free consultations for family law cases – contact our team today to learn more about your options. Call 717-931-5994 or email us.